Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Blogmas Day 7: Selfies 4 Dayzzz

WELCOME TO BLOGMAS DAY 7!
Sh.
I know I didn't post yesterday. Wanna hear a story? Too bad, you're hearing it anyway.
Once upon a time (the night before last), a beautiful princess (me) was was having a very hard time sleeping. She tossed and turned and tweeted and watched Vine videos... nothing worked. She FINALLY fell asleep around 4:00am, and to her great displeasure, was awoken by her alarm at 6:00am. She had things to do all day the next day, and walked around in a terrible fog all day. When she finally got home around 9:00pm that night, she went straight to her bedchambers, took a bath, climbed in bed, and promptly fell asleep. The End.
Did you enjoy my story? I hope so.

So anyway. I think today's post is going to make up for yesterday. I am reallllyyyy excited for this one. I thought of the idea the night before last, while I was not sleeping. I can't even take the anticipation anymore. Let's jump right in.

We're all excited for Christmas. Right? Well, my friends and I want to show you JUST how excited we are. I now present to you..... Christmas selfies.

I asked a bunch of my friends and family members to send me pictures of their face depicting how they felt about Christmas. The results were incredible.

First, we have Kelsey. She's really, really, really, really pumped:


Pause. The funny part about this is that I caught a lot of my friends during finals week. Props to them for being good sports and letting me post these selfies on the Internet. 

Play. Our next friend is Kimberly. I.... I don't really...

Now we have Nicole. She's just straight up precious:

And now Bethany. Bethany wanted to share two faces. First, her feelings toward Christmas:

And then, her feelings toward finals:

Now we have Sarah. Let's talk about Sarah for a minute. I haven't seen this kid since the summer after I graduated, because she moved far, far away. I miss her terribly. Also, she's wearing the Julian Smith Jelly Fish t-shirt I got her for graduation:

Now we come to Anna. Anna is excited to be out of school for Christmas:

Next is Katelin. Now, Katelin wasn't able to take a selfie at the moment that I needed her to, so she found one within the millions she has on her phone. Katelin, you might have a selfie problem, you need to get that checked out.
(totally kidding about the selfie problem, by the way. I love this chick.)

And now we have Angie, who looks very excited and incredibly beautiful(as always)!

Now we come to my best friend. She's crazy. I got this picture, and all the message said was, "Hows that for a blog yo?" Welcome to my life. 

Now we come to Abbie. Abbie... well, Abbie couldn't figure out how she felt...




And neither could her brother, Adam:

Lindsay Kate and Riley Kate, on the other hand... well, they're just dang cute.

Emily... uh...

And Mary is excited, but I don't understand what's happening in the background of this one.

Mallory and Jennifer are pumped about their Christmas trees:



And now... prepare for your hearts to be melted. I asked my cousin to get pictures of her 3 year old and her 2 year old. The result is incredibly adorable:







MY HEART CAN'T TAKE IT.

Finally, when I got my cousin Nicole's selfies, they had an explanation. I love that she put so much thought into how she felt about Christmas. Some of the things she said were kinda personal, and I don't want to put them out there for everyone to see, but I can give a brief summary. 
Her first face is one of frustration because of the stress around the holiday season, particularly this year because of things going on in her life:

I'm gonna quote her for the second one, because I just love it. "HOWEVER.. The second pic is of my eyes towards the sky having to remind myself daily to redirect my focus on what Christmas is ALL about and to focus on Jesus!!!! And He makes me happy!" 

Colie, I love you, you're beautiful, and I believe you're headed down the path The Lord wants you on. 

Well, folks, that's all the selfies I have for you today! Now before you yell at me, I totally forgot to take one of myself, and right now I am in bed and lookin rough. So, maybe I'll take one tomorrow and add it. 
If you didn't send me a selfie but want to share one, feel free to reply with one. I'd love to see your beautiful Christmas faces. 

Thanks so much for reading and thanks a TON to all the people that contributed their faces to this project.
















No comments:

Post a Comment