Saturday, September 7, 2013

Welcome!

Hello!

If you are reading this, you probably already know who I am, but here's my intro anyway.
My name is Robin King. I am 19 years old, out of school for the foreseeable future, and trying to figure out what in the world I want to do with my life.
I have recently become more and more interested in fashion and beauty. So much so that it is slowly turning into a passion. I watch a lot of girls on YouTube that do fashion and beauty videos and write blogs, but out of the seven or eight I watch, only one of them is my size. By "my size" I mean plus-sized, extra large, however you want to put it.
With all of this constantly swimming around in my head, at first, I wanted to start my own YouTube channel. You see, the one girl that is my size is British. She draws a crowd that the other girls can't. I knew that stuff like this for bigger girls doesn't come around near as often as it does for "skinny" or "normal sized" girls. Unfortunately, I don't have the right equipment or the means to buy it to start a successful YouTube channel, so I decided to start a blog so that, hopefully, I can get a fan base going and (fingers crossed) start a YouTube channel in the future.

SO!
Here's a bit about me, physically. I am a size 16-18, and I am about 5'6". I have a condition called PCOS that makes it difficult for me to loose weight on account of my body has a hard time breaking down sugars. I think I am going to write another post about that later.
Disclaimer: This was taken over a year ago, and, unfortunately, I have gained some weight since then. But, I have the same face, so I thought it would be good for you to know what I look like if you don't already. Hopefully more recent pictures will come soon!


My vision for this blog is to share some fashion, beauty, and health tips with girls like me. There will be a little focus on the PCOS because it makes my diet a smidge different than the normal one, but that's not what I want this blog to be about. I want to build my confidence along with yours. This is NOT a weight loss blog, either. If a few pounds are dropped, then, hear, hear! But if not, no biggie. Like I said, this is about being healthy, happy, and confident.

The name I chose comes from the verse 1 Peter 3:3-4, "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."
Basically, it starts on the inside. A quiet, gentle spirit beings about a radiance that has nothing to do with your bronzer. That's what I'm going to focus on. Along with the outward beauty things, I want to make your spirit beautiful, too.




Where else can you find me?
Facebook: Robin LeeAnn King
Twitter: @Robin_LeeAnn
Instagram: robinleeann
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/RobinLeeAnn07

That YouTuber I mentioned:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sprinkleofglitter

1 comment:

  1. Robin, I'm so glad you have started this blog! Looks great already - I'm eager to see your future posts! You rock girl :) The Lord has big things in store for you <3 thanks for having a heart to minister to girls that need to hear the truth.. Beauty starts on the inside with a heart that honors the King.

    ReplyDelete