Friday, September 27, 2013

I'm Back!

I am such a slacker. I made this promise that I was going to start blogging more than once a week, and it's been SEVENTEEN DAYS since my last post. That's over two weeks. That's over half a month! If it's any excuse, there has been a whole bunch of stuff happening in the last seventeen days. Shall we?
(The soundtrack for today's blog can depend on your mood. I'm writing it while listening to Needtobreathe radio on Pandora because I'm in a super chill mood. Another good one is Sleep Station radio.)
First, let's talk about the not-as-fun stuff going on. This is all pretty cool, but not as fun as everything else.
My job at Oak Mountain has gone to only weekends on account of the whole school starting back thing. For some reason, people choose work and school over peddle boating and canoeing. I don't get it, either. So, I had to find a job for the weekdays, because, basically, a lot of this was happening.

 Well... I found two. The first is working at the Cellaris kiosk in the Galleria selling phone cases. NO, I am not one of those people that calls you out while you're walking by and minding your own business to try my product. I get asked that a lot. Let's just clear the air. People come to me on their own accord.
Anyway.
The downfall about this is that I'm right smack in the middle of the Galleria. And this is my view:

This is a downfall because, well... bye, bye, paycheck.

I haven't started the second one yet. I am going to be nannying a precious 6 month old named Piper on the weekday mornings. Trust me, you will be seeing pictures soon. This child is adorable.

Now for the fun stuff!!
Lots has been happening over the past couple weeks that I can't wait to tell you about.
First, I got the privilege of taking pictures of a sweet friend's precious one-month-old. I was excited and nervous leading up to it, because this was my first infant shoot. I am extremely blessed to call the incredibly talented Jessica Lee my friend, so she was able to give me some amazing tips and advice! Thanks so much, Jessica! So, here's a few of the pictures. I am really pleased with the way they turned out.
This is one I snapped on my phone in the middle of the session, because I was so dang excited!

Mom... get out of my face. 

Isn't she beautiful? I can't get enough of this sweetness.

Next, I got to spend some time with my Judson friends that I miss so very much. I drove down and met them to go to a concert in Tuscaloosa. What concert was this, you ask? It was Fun. Yes. i saw Fun. in Tuscaloosa and I still don't believe it. It was INCREDIBLE. Not to mention, it was my (former) roommate's first ever concert, and they are her favorite band. I had as much fun watching her as I did watching the show. I didn't take many pictures, because my dumb phone ran out of storage, but here's one. 
Did I mention that it was INCREDIBLE? 
Best part of this was that we went with my sweet Accounting teacher from last year, and she bought our tickets. I am still so grateful for her! I love you, Mrs. Morina!
(I also got this amazingly comfortable sweatshirt that says "Some Nights" on it. It's so soft.)

The next one isn't an event, really, but just something that makes me really happy. I have had a few days with my precious younger family members, and I have a couple pictures of them that make me smile. 
This is Kiara, the cousin I went with to the zoo. This picture makes me really happy because she is so dang cute.
This stud is Wyatt. Technically my 3rd cousin, but who's counting? I love this kid so much he might as well be my brother. LOOK AT THAT FACE! I can't handle it. 

I have been thinking about finding somewhere other than Liberty to go on Wednesday nights, because, well, there is literally nothing for me to do there on Wednesdays. I considered joining adult choir, and I went to a few practices, but I am already committed to so much on Sunday mornings, I realized that it was impractical to make another big commitment like that. 
That being said, this Wednesday, I spent the evening with one of my best friends, Emily. She goes to UAB and worships at Shades Mountain Baptist on Wednesdays. After meeting her and having dinner, hanging out, and going to Steele City Pops, we headed to Shades. Their University Ministry meets at 8:30. I LOVED it. Everyone was very welcoming, the band was awesome, and the message was incredible. I will definitely be returning and I can't wait to make some friends there. 

So, I am your basic everyday nineteen year old in that I am addicted to Twitter. I like to tweet often during the day, and about things that I enjoy. Well... my tweets are being noticed here lately. I feel famous. 
Liv and Maddie.

GREAT WRAPS!

This one is the biggest by far. Catfish. CATFISH retweeted me. That tweet now has a total of 46 retweets and 38 favorited from people I don't even know. Yah. 


AHH! 


This made my week that week. Like, just the fact that Jim Chapman was thinking about me personally in the seconds that it took him to read and favorite that makes me SUPER happy. 

I think there are more, but I didn't feel like searching through all of my pictures to find them. Some people might not care about this kind of stuff, but these are the things that make my world go round sometimes. 

Now its time for the REALLY cool stuff: The Jesus stuff. 
All through this summer, the Lord has been beating this message into my head over and over again, and I have finally listened and I get it. He has been showing me how amazing his love is for me. You would think that this is something that every Christian would just get and not have to have it screamed at them constantly. See, i have always understood that Jesus loves me. It's kind of a given. But to really know and feel that love is something completely different. 
As a hopeless romantic, I am always thinking about my future husband and wondering when in the world he is going to come along. Sometimes I get really caught up in those thoughts. I find myself craving the love of a man. I want someone to tell me they love me, tell me I'm beautiful, and maybe get a little jealous every now and then. 
Guess what? HE loves me. 
Romans 8:37-39 says, "But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.''

HE thinks I'm beautiful.
Psalm 139:14 says, "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well."

HE is jealous for me.
Deuteronomy 4;24 says, "For the Lord your God is a consuming fire; a jealous God."

Basically, everything I want in a man comes from God. I think that, when I embrace this truth, He will lead me to a man that is also embracing His truths. Because, really, any relationship I have has to be second to mine with the Lord. Without him, I wouldn't even have the capacity to truly love. 
1 John 4:19: "We love because He first loved us."

So, there's a little peek into my life lately. I'm really sorry that it's been so long and I promise that i'm going to start posting more often. 


*All verses are from the ESV version*
Other places you can find me:
Instagram: robinleeann





2 comments:

  1. Good read. Wyatt does consider you a sister. There is no doubt that God has someone in mind for you.

    ReplyDelete